Help, Solaredge no more over API key

Hello, I’ve been a user of your platform for a few years and I really want to stay that way. But CURRENTLY I have a problem: Solaredge made my data from the period from 2016 to the last upgrade in 2/2021 disappear and is also not willing to restore it… Because of this business policy, I have the data connection to Solaredge in return prevented because my data should not be stored there. Is there a way to import the data to your platform via MQTT or Modbus? Greetings Robert

I don’t understand. I have solaredge and it send my data to their site where I can see it and all historical data since it was installed in July of 2015.
I go to this URL and log in;
https://monitoring.solaredge.com/solaredge-web/p/login#/dashboard

From there I can see every day since July 2015 in a bar graph. I can look at my array and check each panel’s performance. I can even set alarm points to notify me of problems. I can open tickets with Solaredge and have them troubleshoot remotely.

Maybe I expressed myself badly…Solaredge has made some of my data disappear in their cloud and I therefore no longer want to save my data there but read the inverter directly. This can be done locally via the Modbus and in OpenWB the data is available via MQTT. Just how do I get them in pvoutput?

You are not Dutch by any chance? This link shows how to store your own and still send to SolarEdge, based on evesdropping the native SolarEdge protocol.

It’s partly Dutch language, not based on your OpenWB, you need to hook up RS485 to read the encryption key, and I have not done it myself (only taken note of its existance) but maybe of help to you.

I just set up my SolarEdge system to send updates to pvoutput.

In outline, I’m running node-red on an always on computer at my location. I have enabled Modbus TCP on my SolarEdge inverter. There is a contributed node for node-red that queries the inverter for the Modbus data at programmable intervals. I do a bit of data reduction and then store the data for each interval in an influx database. From there I can use Grafana for local data visualization.

In addition, after rate limiting the inverter data I format it into the parameters for a POST call to the status update URL at pvoutput. Node-red makes this simple as it is “http aware”.

You will need to have a SolarEdge inverter that supports Modbus TCP, or a way to get the serial Modbus data into your computing environment. If TCP is supported on your inverter you need to enable Modbus TCP using SetApp (or have your installer do this), and you will need to have a local ethernet / wifi connection to the inverter.

If you enjoy open source and programming this can be a fun project. If you’re not a programmer it’s not really turnkey.

One of the nice things about this solution is that it’s based on a documented API (Modbus) that is supported by SolarEdge, at least on certain models of inverter.

I hope you find a solution that meets your needs.

Thank you both for the Tipps

I will test it later