Green Button Data

I currently use Pvoutput to get solar generation information from Enphase and Net consumption from Wattvision (Rainforest Eagle). I use wattvision because rainforestcloud sucks and is unreliable.

Anyhow, apparently my sensor has been down for months because of whatever reason (needed to be power cycled or something) and I have huge holes in my yearly and monthly data. My Energy company has Green Button data and an API for accessing this. A lot of other energy companies use the same platform as well for sharing data. I wish I could back fill weekly and monthly net data directly from the power company. Sometimes the calculations using my meters (enphase and wattvision) are inaccurate. Having a way to go back and back fill the daily data that was missed would be awesome

Thanks

Here is a URL with some information

https://www.pge.com/en_US/business/your-account/account-management/share-your-data/green-button-data-exchange/api-access.page

Access to Greenbutton isn’t possible since PGE required a business registered in either the US or Canada to access the data.

https://sharemydata.pge.com/#register/new/step1/SelfAccess

Thought things might have changed. O well

It seems Bidgely can pull green button data. I believe they have an API as well. Any thoughts on integrating with bidgely? might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone since they also allow setup with rainforest eagle net meter.

Bidgley doesn’t have an open API so it is not possible to extract data from their service.

So each user could register and get their own API key, exactly the same as with Solar Edge. This should be an easy integration. I’d be willing to write/submit code if it would help.

@skarragallagher Have you tried downloading your green button data to CSV and then using pvoutput import functionality?

My energy provider is SCE in Souther California. They also have Green Button Data… I was going to use the CSV upload, but they do show they can transfer the green button data to about 20 vendors. One was UtilitiyAPI which I signed up for and made the connection, but they’d like a nice little fee to pull the data from SCE (which then would go to PVOutput.org via API).
I could add the list of providers here if needed, but does anyone have this already setup and working with any of SCEs registered 3rd parties without me having to try all of them. Seem silly to pay, without knowing it will be successful.

Did anybody figure out how to add Green Button Data to PVOutput? Or even just a CSV converter for manual upload?

What is it you want to do with the Green Button data? What you can get are your net usage in one hour intervals.

I currently use Green Data to correct my consumption and total daily export or import in PVOutput using the AddOutput API Service. I treat import and export as net daily values (one is always 0, can’t have a net import and a net export on the same day).

I download my Green Data manually from my utility in XML format and then use code in my spreadsheet to parse the Green Data and upload it to PVOutput. It works pretty well for me.