Gaps in live data

Since 2nd November I’ve started getting gaps in all my live data. I’m logging at 10 minute intervals because OpenWeatherMap data was already useless due to gaps at 5 minute intervals. is this a temporary problem with PVOutput? It was working fine up to 1st November.

No gaps in mine…uploading from Fronius and Tesla PW, if that helps. What device is doing the logging, and have you changed or had any problems in internal network connection (wifi? hard cable?) with your device?

The system has a 10-minute status interval, while the Solar Edge Energy setting is enabled which means generation data is only available at 15-minute intervals. These intervals are rounded to the nearest 10-minutes which will result in gaps.

Either disable solar edge energy or use a 5-minute or 15-minute interval.

Thanks, BB. I’m not that well up on the API stuff. Originally the PVOutput Primary Device was set to log my solar edge output direct. When I got the Powerwall 2 I followed through the Mikes Gear procedure to set up an always on PC to upload the live data to PVOutput. Then I added OpenWeatherMap in the Weather Device in Automatic Uploads. This gave problems with 5 minute interval logging, broken weather data and no line on the graph. So I ended up setting the Live Settings Status Interval to 10 minutes, which produced solid lines most of the time.

As I mentioned first, on 2nd November all the data lines became much more broken, i.e. frequent data gaps at the 10 minute interval rate. Following your suggestions, I first changed to logging interval to 5 minutes, and then 15 minutes. This did not achieve anything, particularly the 5 minute interval.

Then I turned off OpenWeatherMap data by setting Weather Device to ‘None’. I was beginning to suspect that this was the root cause of the problem. I also reset Status Interval to 5 minutes. This did produce a much improved result but still quite a few gaps.

Finally I set the Primary Device to ‘None’, turning off Solar Edge logging. Now I have no 10 minute data gaps and solid graph lines, except that very occasionally, the V7 parameter, battery flow, has a missing data point. It is only logging at 10 minute intervals despite having 5 minutes set. Is that what you mean by the system having a 10 minute status interval? I’m puzzled by this because I have a nearby friend, site name LC, who is able to log both is Powerwall Gateway output and OpenWeatherData at 5 minute intervals with no data gaps. Maybe I’ve got something wrong elsewhere in my settings. My friend knows a lot more about API stuff, so maybe Should get him to check my settings.

I have forgotten the details of the setting in the files on the always on PC and I’m away from home at the moment, so maybe there’s a time setting in there that needs changing?

Anyway, thanks for your advice, BB. I have got somewhere now.

The Status Interval setting controls how the data is received and stored. When a 10-minute status interval is set on the system all uploads are rounded to the nearest 10-minutes, even if these uploads are occurring every 5-minutes.

It is probably the open weather data city used which has a better update frequency from open weather map. Certain locations provide more frequent temperature readings/updates.

Unfortunately open weather map does not provide history query to fill in gaps in the data.

I think I may have found least part of the reason why some data is missing. Yesterday it didn’t log any data at all. Then I found that the Powerwall Gateway 2 has two IP addresses, one is DCHP, the other is static. My Powerwall.ini file on my logging PC was set to the DCHP address and the current actual address was different to that which I put in the .ini file. I guess the Gateway must have been changing the dynamic IP address occasionally. I’ve now reset the .ini file to log the static address. Hopefully that will sort out the gaps and logging interval for the Powerwall data. OpenWeatherData is still not logging at 5 minute intervals though, but I can live with that.