Fronius MPPT 1 and 2 voltages and details

thanks @B-Man. Do you know if there is any example of how to do this (or similar) via modbus ?

Send me ur email address.
Ill forward an email with everything i got from a bloke on whirlpool forums (i think)
Its way above my head and i havent had the time to start looking into it.
Once you set it up you can set mine up :rofl:

Hey B-Man, are you able to post the details here?
I’m interested in sending the MPPT 1 and 2 values as extended data here.

Hi - I’ve just had a new system installed with a Fronius Primo and was wanting to get this info too. It seems you can get this with a call to the GetArchiveData API - example below query which returns the data from my invertor

http://10.1.1.250/solar_api/v1/GetArchiveData.cgi?Scope=System&StartDate=20.2.2019&EndDate=20.2.2019&Channel=EnergyReal_WAC_Plus_Absolute&Channel=EnergyReal_WAC_Minus_Absolute&Channel=Current_DC_String_1&Channel=Current_DC_String_2&Channel=Voltage_DC_String_1&Channel=Voltage_DC_String_2

@roger_k
its a few attachments so i cant post them on here. Will see if i can host them somewhere.

I still havent got around to looking or setting it up. If anyone doing it can make a step by step that would be great.

@mikepont
Edit thats a new link i thought it was whats used for fronius.php but appears not. Also doesnt have power for for mppts. Could times amps by volts. But who knows what that data is

@mikepont - where did you find this API call described? I haven’t come across GetArchiveData before!

It’s frustrating the seperate MPPT values are not available from the API (that we know of anyway).
It would really help analyse 2 string systems against sun position data.
It’s obvious Fronius send this data to SolarWeb. We just want this available as push data.

I’ve emailed Fronius about this, maybe a few of you could also to prod a response out of them.

the MPPT data is averable from Frounis Solar web at 5 min past the hour ,perhaps someone could work out how to read this when it arrives at there computer and forward push it to PV,org ??

om page 57 it says Application interface

The Fronius push service application interface is a means for third parties to obtain data
from the Fronius push service.
It is not designed for user interaction.??? not sure what that means if you own the system,like it is only for Fronius to check the inverter perhaps,??

1 Like

Been looking at the Fronius user guide for push services.
https://www.fronius.com/en/photovoltaics/products/all-products/system-monitoring/open-interfaces/fronius-push-service

I don’t know much about the file formats or communications protocols, but looking through them it seems as though both DC voltage and DC current for each string is part of the data contained in a log file push.

See page 49:
SolarAPI v1 - Logdata - Data

No idea if that helps.

perhaps but then it says this
on page 57 it says Application interface

The Fronius push service application interface is a means for third parties to obtain data
from the Fronius push service.
It is not designed for user interaction.??? not sure what that means if you own the system,like it is only for Fronius to check the inverter perhaps,?? or for a push direct to PV.org
like you say yes it may be possable to push string date to PV org as extended data, thank s

The API is here https://www.fronius.com/~/downloads/Solar%20Energy/Operating%20Instructions/42%2C0410%2C2012.pdf

1 Like

Thanks Mike - this is very helpful!

Thank you Mike,it also looks like having inverter temperature is possible as on page 53 every 5 min

I have created a PHP script that extract the DC Voltage and Current data for each of the two strings and sends the derived Power information for MPP1 and MPP2 to PVOutput. The script is designed to be run ( via cron ) every five minutes. It appears to be working although it needs a little tidying up first.

The PHP version on my iMac is 7.1.23 and the PHP version on my [ 24 x 7 ] Linux host is only 5.4.16. It appears that the Array Bounds Checking is not the same in the two versions.

All,

I’ve made a few modifications to the PHP script. I still need to to a bit more testing. I’ve manually added the data for 1st -> 3rd of March. The 4th is happening automagically - so far. I had to perform a manual overwrite though so there is so ‘future’ data on today’s date. It will get overwritten as the day wears on.

The 3rd of March is interesting as it shows what happens to my two (2) strings as my ( 5kW ) inverter clips its output. Yesterday was ‘cloud-free’.

https://www.pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=68608&sid=60955&dt=20190304&gs=0&m=0

yes it looks good,very handy to have for twin setups please keep up the good work,are you going to add mppt 1 and 2 string voltages as well and perhaps inverter temperature as well, jim D 150 kms down the road from you with Jims maxim jinkos 6625 5.050kW

Interesting. Is there a conversion factor variable in the data to convert those into AC output wattages, so that MPP1 + MPP2 = total?

Solarweb does it, so I guess it must be in there somewhere.

can you put the script up here?

The script is ready to go. I just have to figure out where to put it!

Depending how big the code is you could just post it directly in here with code tags
Or pm it
Or host on a dropbox or similar account