Fronius - Logdata Push Failure

So this is happening to me again.
I’ve tried Channels 1, 6 and 11 with varying bandwidths. Nothing seems to really help./
There is no packet loss to pvoutput.org from the diagnostics screen on the fronius. There is no packet loss from the router to the fronius either, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

The fronius seems to report back to solarweb in real time but the push service has repeated problems uploading to pvoutput.

Hi AndrewF,

Does your Fronius get its IP address from your router using DHCP? If ‘yes’ what’s the lease period for the DHCP scope?

If it is a fixed IP is there a chance that it is ‘colliding’ with another device on your home network? If the Fronius IP address were inside the DHCP scope that could cause problems with duplicate IP addresses.

Grannos.

Hey Grannos,
The Fronius gets it’s IP from a DHCP server but the IP is reserved for this device only, I think I’m going to try assigning a static IP from outside the DHCP scope to see if that helps. It’s really weird because connectivity across the LAN is fine, and even using the fronius diagnostics to traceroute or ping to the internet is fine, but it just seems to have a real issue with the push to PV Output specifically.

And it’s intermittent, so very hard to replicate the problem for troubleshooting. I missed hours today but now it’s working again.

It’s not the end of the world but I’d love to get to the bottom of it for my own benefit but also anyone else who has this issue.
Thanks for your reply

Hi AndrewF,

My Fronius get its IP address from my router. The IP is fixed as 192.168.24.101 and is configured to resolve as ‘fronius’ on my LAN. The IP address allocated via the router is valid for 10 days - in my case. I have seen some weird ( but not Fronius ) problems where the DHCP lease time is quite short ( i.e. a hour or two ).

Another long-shot possibility would be if your Fronius / Datamanager card had not been configured correctly for your country. This should have been done at the time of installation. An incorrect country configuration could result in correct WiFi power and incorrect channels / frequencies which may not marry up with your router.

G

1 Like