Extended Data Rule returns '0.00'

I have added an Extended Data Rule “v11 = v2 / v10” to divide AC power by DC power. I would have expected that 0 <= v11 < 1.0. What I am finding though is that only returns 0.000. This would suggest that either ( i ) v2 = 0, ( ii) v10 is very very large or ( iii) Extended Data Rules don’t like the output of one rule used as the input for another.

My complete EDR follows. v10 calculated in the first term from v7 & v8 but required to calculate v11 in the second term.

v10 = v7 + v8; v11 = v2 / v10;

Does anything have any experience in [re] using parameters?

Thanks

Here is an example of operating on a variable with conditional calculations:

“power” is of the first 6 variables which have kW as the dimension by PVOutput. Be sure that all the spaces are correct and that each separate calculation is separated by a “;” or the formula will not work. Use the “Test” button to be sure everything is correct. More complicated test conditions are possible so look at the help PVOutput supplies. Note that the second equation is using Python mathematical expression and I assume that all these equations use Python notation.
See: Python Operators: Arithmetic, Logical, Comparison, Assignment, Bitwise & Precedence

something like the may be good,
So as a new standard of system efficiency perhaps we could use.

amps mppt 1 + amps mppt 2 divide into the current at AC L1.

Say 6.89 + 6.83 – =13.72 divide into 17.03 = 1.2412%.

This I think would give you a good idea of your systems health,

As it would show a ratio of input power to out power.

this is not a ratio of input Watts to output Watts as 3 different Voltages are involved as well ,

2 DC voltages and 1 AC voltage.

Now to work out how to get the 3 amp readings to PVO in extended data

And then work out the extended rule to make it work, thanks jim

What are the values of v2 and v10?

Try -

v11 = v2 / (v10+0.0)

Sorry for the delay.

As a test I have created a rule v12 = v2; In theory I should see the ‘Power Generated’ appearing in v12.

What I see in the v12 column is the figure “-1.000”.

If my Fronius inverter is pushing “/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=60955&key=APIKEY&dayenergy=1”. Does this mean that v2 is not actually populated?

The fronius push config is correct, v2 is recorded with dayenergy=1.

The problem is the extended rule won’t trigger when pushing data that does not include any extended data in the case of the inverter push.

An update will be available soon to fix this.

Thanks.

Can you clarify when the Extended Data rules fire? Naively I had assumed at 5 minute intervals.

I have also noticed that the ‘time’ of the Fronius Datamanager card in my inverter seems to wobble around quite a bit. I have been logging the difference between the Datamanger card and the actual time every five minutes for quite some time. It’s quite surprising how much movement there is. The time of the Datamanager card also appears to be completely separate to the time displayed on the inverter’s LCD screen!

Since the Fronius PUSH occurs at 5 minute intervals ( not withstanding the time discrepancy shown below ) these may not coincide with 5 minute intervals .

I am also pushing DC Power and Inverter Temperature as Extended Values every 5 minutes from a Raspberry PI.

DELTA SECONDS - COUNT

0 - 176
1 - 1804
2 - 2076
3 - 1279
4 - 704
5 - 599
6 - 128

The rule is run when there is an upload with extended data. A fronius inverter push does not have any extended data.