Export field shows as consumption & vice versa however solarweb is correct

Hello folks,

I’ve done a bit of reading but can’t seem to find a solution to my problem; I had the smart meter installed 2 days ago and have attempted to set up push to pvoutput to see data a bit better than solarweb offers however the consumption figure is actually the export and the export is actually the consumption. From what I read when this happens it’s usually incorrect wiring of the meter however in my case the data is actually being reported correctly within the inverter & on solarweb something appears to go astray when pushed to pvoutput.

PVOutput:

Push settings in use:
Inverter Push (Solar API - CurrentData - Inverter)

/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=123456&key=KEY&v6=Voltage_AC_Phase_1&v3=none

Meter Push (Solar API - CurrentData - Meter)

/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=123456&key=KEY&v6=Voltage_AC_Phase_1&v3=none

Solarweb:

Worked it out, was reporting consumption rather than feed in on the smart meter, adding &n=1 to the meter push settings fixed it.

I don’t understand why you need this? My meter reports consumption, not feed-in, and is correct in solarweb and PVO but I don’t use n=1. Is your meter configured in the inverter #/settings/meter page as “Feed-in point” or " Consumption path"?

It’s configured in settings/meter as feed in point as that’s where it is. The n=1 is apparently needed to let PVOutput know the meter is at the feed in point to correctly calculate the data.

@ejecta, ok, seems I had incorrectly assumed that once the smart meter is configured as feed-in then the inverter would deal with that internally and just display and report net values externally, including to PVOutput. Odd that is not done this way.

@bulletmark it does so for solarweb (fronius’s tech documentation recommends wiring in feed-in, and inverter settings are default set to feed in position), just pvoutput apparently assumes the meter push is net values without the n=1.

Question to BB, I wonder why you require the user to configure this? The Fronous meter push value “Meter_Location_Current” is 1 for consumption meters, and 0 for feed-in so PVOutput can determine this itself.

Please Fronius provide documentation to support this.

It seemed odd to me that Fronius would not deal with this in some way so I looked in the meter push data and found what seemed a reasonable candidate. Then I reconfigured the meter in my inverter (at night when it makes no difference) between consumption and feed-in setting to confirm the values.