Energy value takes a big step

Hello everyone,

Since 27 February 2018 we have solar panels on our roof. (Panels: 15 x Trina Solar 275 wp Poly / Inverter: SolarEdge SE3500)

I use the SolarEdge API to automatically upload my data to PVoutput.org with the settings below.

Yesterday I saw that at the end of the day Energy went up one big step while the Power is at 0. (see screenshot below) And I’ve seen this before one or two days ago.

Can someone explain to me why this happens? Thanks for the comments

Link to the data on PVoutput.org

The issue seems to occur when the inverter reports ‘STARTING’ near the end of the day.

2018-03-08 17:49:38	STARTING
2018-03-06 18:29:37	STARTING

For solaredge the energy is calculated from power. It would only increase if positive power is reported.

However, manually retrieving the data again on both those dates show 0W power. Solaredge may have corrected the data afterwards.

We will look at putting in some validation on the solaredge energy calculation to help prevent this sort of error.

Thank you for your comments

I contacted my installer and he indicated that it is a software bug in the inverter, because the inverter is also transmitting too high a value to the SolarEdge portal. They have requested SolarEdge to run a software update.

Just wait and see if that will solve the problem.
I’ll keep you informed.

Some additional solaredge validation has now been added to ensure power is consistent with energy, i.e. if power is 0W then energy should not jump.

2 Likes

I can see the difference now.:+1:

The value at the SolarEdge portal has been higher than the value that PVoutput.org shows since March 14th. I have not yet received feedback from my supplier that the inverter has been updated, but as soon as that happens I will let you know.

1 Like