EKM meter v4 is not work

I am trying to config EKMv4 meter to auto-upload. but it is not work.
the EKMv3 is work normal but v4.
I test the EKM API for v4, it is work. this is a example

could you help check if anything wrong?

C:\Users\stishsun>curl -s http://io.ekmpush.com/readMeter/v4/meters/300000211/key/MTEwMjg3Ojg2Njc2Ng/count/1/format/csv/
Meter,Date,Time,Time_Stamp_UTC_ms,kWh_Tot,kWh_Tariff_1,kWh_Tariff_2,Rev_kWh_Tot,Rev_kWh_Tariff_1,Rev_kWh_Tariff_2,RMS_Volts_Ln_1,RMS_Volts_Ln

_2,Amps_Ln_1,Amps_Ln_2,RMS_Watts_Ln_1,RMS_Watts_Ln_2,RMS_Watts_Tot,Power_Factor_L
n_1,Power_Factor_Ln_2,Power_Factor_Ln_3,RMS_Watts_Max_Demand,CT_Ratio,Pulse_Ratio_1,Pulse_Ratio_2,Pulse_Ratio_3,Reactive_Energy_Tot,kWh_Rst,R

**ev_kWh_Rst,Reactive_Pwr_Ln_1,Reactive_Pwr_Ln_2,Reactive_Pwr_Tot,Line_Freq,kWh_Ln**_
1,kWh_Ln_2,Rev_kWh_Ln_1,Rev_kWh_Ln_2,CF_Ratio,Net_Calc_Watts_Ln_1,Net_Calc_Watts_Ln_2,Net_Calc_Watts_Tot
300000211,06/04/2018,00:54:05,1528073645344,15610.30,9255.91,6354.39,15604.47,9250.07,6354.40,113.9,114.4,9.4,19.6,952,2176,3130,105,101,200,

7390,200,1000,1000,1000,2901.91,15610.30,15604.47,314,324,638,60.21,5772.03,9836.
09,5770.32,9831.98,800,-952,-2176,-3128

For EKMv4 the following is expected in the data -

• RMS_Watts_Ln_1
  • RMS_Watts_Ln_2
  • RMS_Watts_Ln_3

This meter has RMS_Watts_Tot instead of RMS_Watts_Ln_3, so it won’t work.

it seems EKM would adjust the field, if the two-line power line, the Ln_3 will be removed.
it is EKM’s issue or PVoutput needs to enhance?

The final power value is determined by State_Watts_Dir reported by the meter.

The meter is reporting a value of 7 for State_Watts_Dir

From the documentation - https://documents.ekmmetering.com/api-docs/?shell#realtime-fields

State_Watts_Dir - Real-time direction of current

• Line1/Line2/Line3
  • Reverse/Reverse/Forward = 7

Meaning power = -Line1 -Line2 +Line3

There is no line 3, so the result is always negative.

EKM would need to advise how a meter with only two lines should be calculated.

We can simply use RMS_Watts_Tot only without any calculation, but that may not be correct.

the pvoutput will consider the negative is not correct?
if no line3, that means it is two line system and it can just put zero in line3

the negative watt means the solar power is output to grid.

I have also check with EKM, they confirm if there is no data, the field will be suppressed . it means if there are only two line, the line_3 related will not in the return if the value is zero.

in PVoutput, it can just calculated by [Line] * [ State_Watts_Dir], it is the correct the net power trough the meter, no matter it is positive or negative.

Currently the system direction is set to consumption which always expects positive gross consumption values.

Negatives will work when the direction is set to Net, negatives values are export and positive is import.

Note a net direction would need to be combined with a generation from the inverter to calculate the gross consumption.

even if all value is postive, but PVoutput still not fully support EKMv4?
only 3-line system in EKMv4 is supported for now?

The missing line will be treated as 0W. You will need change the direction of the system from Consumption to Net. See the screenshot in the previous message.

I change the “Net”, but it is still not work

The data is being logged -

https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=11902&sid=18752&dt=20180608

As noted above, generation also need to be uploaded to produce the correct gross result.

Consumption = Generation + Net

PVOutput will only store positive gross consumption / generation data.

it is not make sense, the generation is not always in PV, if generation is must for Net option, in the midnight no solar power, the consumption will not be record?

we are talking about two-line EKMv4 meter, what is any way to make it work in PVoutput, in no negative value environment ?

The Auto Uploader has been updated to use RMS_Watts_Tot when RMS_Watts_Ln_3 is missing. This will always produce positive results.

You can change the config direction back to Consumption

it work now. thank you

This change seems to have modified the behaviour of my system? I have 2 EKM meters, V3 for solar generation, V4 (3 line) for net measurements (consumption on PVoutput). This has been working well until Saturday (9th June) when the consumption was inflated significantly (trending with the solar generation) and continues now. Clearly something has changed with the PVoutput handling of my net + generation (the figures on pvoutput do not agree with the EKM data portal).

Any help appreciated, thanks for a great tool.

Cheers

Sorry about this, your consumption meter only has 1 line, i.e. missing line 3 so it would use RMS_Watts_Tot as positive and ignore net direction.

This has been updated to not use the RMS_Watts_Tot rule above for Net direction so it should work as previously.

Excellent. Looks like it is all back to normal. Much appreciated.

It seems 2-line ekmv4 is not work again…

Sorry - please use the Consumption direction

it seems v1 is not work in “Consumption” mode,

Please use v4, there will no further changes or enhancements to v1.