Cumulative extended v7 and associated credit tariff

Last value of the 17th is 27130.

Since I used CSV to bulk import all the history, can I calculate it in the CSV and then import it to the v7?

The last point from 11:55PM to 12:00AM is considered part of the 17th and it was 0Wh

The tariff calculation will only run when live extended data is uploaded including ‘Live Loader’ CSV. The CSV history is daily data and will not trigger these calculations.

Can I edit it in some way?

To prevent this from happening again, can I use Highest instead of Last as summary for v7?

That’s a pity, it would have been nice to be able to have this calculations also for history.

Thanks for all your support, appreciated.

This is not possible, unless the data is re-uploaded.

Yes

Can I re-upload only v7 field? Or do I need to re-upload everything?

So Highest means: take the highest value of the day to calculate the daily total credit, correct?

I just switched to highest, and I see strange values for today…but I guess I’ll have to wait for the end of the day.

Thanks again for all the help.

Just v7 is fine, any data update will recalculate.

Since I used Highest for v7, to avoid the problem of last value = 0 around midnight, calculations are wrong again.

You’re right, it looks like the ‘Highest’ option is summing each data point rather than just the highest.

There will be a change to fix this soon, including for the ‘Lowest’ and ‘Average’ options.

Thanks. Can I also suggest to reconsider the way “Last” works? If I upload all data throughout the day, and only the last 5m before midnight is missed, everything’s missed. I think “Last” should take the Last value uploaded for the day. Highest for me is only a workaround, since it’s a lifetime counter, I know that the highest value is also the “Last”, but that’s a valid assumption only for meters with lifetime counters.

Thanks for your help&support.

Hi @bankstownbloke,

I tried to find a way to manually re-upload v7 data, but couldn’t find where. The manual upload etc, only support standard data, not extended data. How can I do it?

Thanks.

The Tariff calc config has been added to control how the credit/debit is calculated. For your requirement, use ‘Summary’. The parameter summary should be left on ‘Highest’.

This means the highest value will be multiplied by the tariff rate once and recorded as a credit for v7.

Documentation -

It can be re-uploaded via the Live Loader 5-minute data.

A single 5-minute data point will recalculate the summary for the entire day.

Great news. So if I understood correctly, selecting Tariff Calc: Summary means do the calculations at the end of the day, and using Highest as parameter means “select highest value of the day”, so to avoid situations where around midnight a 0 value is uploaded, ignoring previous values. Hope I got it right.

Thanks a lot for this feature, I configured it as you advised, let’s see if it works as it should.

Thanks, I hope it supports batch uploading via CSV. Right now the URL doesn’t work:

Should be okay now…

Ok, thanks. Uploaded all missing value and wrongly calculated values. It was a pain because you have to do it for each day manually and you have to wait 2m between each upload. For some days it wasn’t recalculating so I had to reupload several times.

It would be much more efficient if you could add Extended Data into the CSV bulk uploader. With that one I uploaded 5 years of daily data in 5 minutes.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your great support, I appreciate it.