Calculated Weather Conditions

In the Help section is a item explaining how the weather conditioning can be determined automatically. This explanation ends with:

Blockquote
If the system has Estimated output data the conditions calculations are based on the percentage of the estimated output -

• Greater than 90% - Fine
  • 60% to 90% - Partly Cloudy
  • 40% to 60% - Mostly Cloudy
  • 20% to 40% - Cloudy
  • Less than 20% - Showers
    When a system produces 90% or more output than the daily estimate, the condition assigned would be ‘Fine’. This gives the flexibility to handle seasonal variations in output for individual systems.

I don’t understand what is meant with that last sentence.

The weather condition entry is affected by the system’s monthly estimated production numbers.

Thanks for your answer, but I still don’t understand this last sentence.

An estimate of 5.0kWh/kW in a summer month and the actual amount of 4.5kWh/kW or greater i.e. 90% then the condition will be ‘Fine’.

In a winter month an estimate of 2.0kWh/kW with actual of 1.8kWh/kW or greater would still result in ‘Fine’.

It’s probably my lousy understanding of English, but I still don’t get what is meant with that last sentence “This gives the flexibility to handle seasonal variations in output for individual systems.”

You cannot use an absolute value in kilowatt hours to estimate the weather because, during winter, a system produce much less energy than in summer. So, the threshold value for what constitutes “good” weather is taken as a percentage of the expected output of the system for that time of year.

1 Like

Thanks for the clear explanation, now I understand!