Aggregation not showing ( first use )

Dear forum members.
I am new and found my first question that I can’t seem to work out myself.
I have donated so I can aggregate systems together. I have marked the second system as a child to the first system.
However the output only shows the first system data. What am I missing please.

You’ll need at least 3 systems.

• Child A
  • Child B
  • Parent C

C will aggregate the data from A + B.

Setting 1 parent and 1 child will just copy the child data on to the parent.

cheers
Have added a parent and changed the existing parent to child.
Both systems now child and one parent.
The parent has no records though. I have 2 entries for both systems ( starting the new year )
How long does it take to aggregate?

It’s not working. Does it matter that I manually add data?

Yes - aggregation only works for automated 5-minute data uploads using the API.

See Restrictions and Limitations under

Alternatively, use a Team to combine the results of multiple systems, even with manually entered data.

Thanks for pointing that out
I find this super unfriendly and strange . I cant push data from my inverters. ( BOSCH )
A wasted $15. Don’t think I can use PV Output for what I want. I certainly dont have 30 outputs to start . I may have missed something or it’s easier than it looks, still . too hard for simple task.

This should work for 5 outputs, please try again.

I only have 3 systems ( which is more than most ). Why would you expect me to have 5?

Five outputs or daily entires, not systems.

Don’t you need a system to make an output. How ( and why ) do multiple outputs for each system. Sorry, still confused.

An output is a daily entry - below are 5 outputs, i.e. 5 days.

Each team is associated with a system, the system requires 5 outputs minimum to create the team.

I feel like I just want to exit stage left. This is way too hard / un intuitive for a simple task of seeing my 3 systems data aggregated. Anyhow, I did manage to create a team that is from a system with 20+ days output, the team shows no data however and I can find no way to reverse ( delete ) the team I just created. Team name is shueardm_agg .
If you can just delete it, I’m pretty much done trying :slight_smile:

Once a team has been created, only the system which created the team, Bosch E, will be part of it

Other members/systems need to join that team. The north and south systems have been added to the team.

Team data is aggregated every 24hrs and you will see the aggregated result of all three tomorrow.

I have been giving it a go.
I have missing days and data not aggregated .

For example.
https://pvoutput.org/listteam.jsp?tid=1316

Where is 9/2 and 10/2 data on the graphs- also 27/1 and 28/1
Then I also have all dates before the 26/1 just giving 1 output when all three outputs were entered.

Bizarre

The aggregate of team data is performed each night for the previous two days from the current date.

Data for 09/Feb and 10/Feb was entered on 12/Feb so only 11/Feb and 12/Feb would have been combined into the team.

These limitation are ensure the system performs well and does not process more data than it needs to.

Thanks for the explanation. Looks like unless I can live data feed the pvoutput system is of little use to me. Too many limitations and gotchas. It was clumsy as is even before missing days. I may have a rare case of having 3 x systems without a inverter capable of pushing data , so I accept the solution is not what it could be,
How could I live data feed from 3 BOSCH BPT-S inverters anyone?

Might I add, the BOSCH e.Web applications provide more than I need in data, imo better than pvoutpout - but I need to think about the future. One day, maybe BOSCH will not support the application anymore since they stopped manufacturing in 2016. That’s why I look here to have a long term data analytics plan.

So unless I enter data manually every single day of my life or within 48 hours anyway, teams is a useless feature in my situation. Imagine I go on holidays, that data being missing will ruin all monthly/yearly historical data rendering it pointless. ( being that it is not accurate ) and doesn’t get recalculated ever

We may allow the possibility of a manual recalculate in the future for small teams such as yours.

Thank you for your time because nobody else cared to reply. I figure you are the developer and that’s a shame that you work so hard with no help from anyone else.
Unfortunately the site lacks what I really need at present, I missed another output without really knowing I did and so the team data is hopelessly pointless and that will probably happen often.

Mate the majority of the users only have one system - so in my case I contribute if I have experience in the area someone is asking for information. BB is the ultimate authority as you rightly say - he is the brains behind the site. We all need to learn - most of the time the documentation is sufficient - other times we ask for help and if it is something no one has done before BB is the resource. Once we have learned we pass along the knowledge that comes from BB, I really don’t know what your problem is. Good luck with whatever site you ultimately choose.

1 Like