Aggravated with Aggregation

Aggravated with Aggregation

I have 2 Midnite Solar Classic 150s that report to PVOutput via the Classic Monitor app. I have a paid PVOutput account and have set up 2 Systems, one for each classic. So far so good, Both are reporting to there respective System ID.

But I do NOT want to have to view each separately, I would like them to both Aggregate to a single total system production total. So I understand this is handled by Aggregation and I need to set up each actual system as a child and create a 3rd “system” as a parent.

So I created a Parent system, and I set each Classic 150 system as a Child to that Parent that no actual physical system is reporting to.

• Both Child Systems (actual systems) receive data from there related Classic 150
  • But Neither is Aggregating to the Parent
  • All 3 “Systems” are set to Active, Same Zip, Same Status Interval, Same Time Zone, Same Aggregation Mode.
  • Yet the parent has never received the Aggregated data from either Child

What am I missing?

All I want to do is to have a Daily Total of the Solar Production Generated from Both Classic 150s on one page.

On a side note:

1. Is there a way to switch between Systems with out having to mark them as favorites and then go to the favorites page ??
  2. And Is it possible to have the MidNite Solar Classics send Live Data to PVOutput ??

Here are the Systems and Their IDs.

Also, why do some have check boxes and one does not. And why is one designated as the Default? How do you change Default? PVOutput seemed to do this automatically when I added the 2nd Classic last week. The Old Classic was the Default, and now the New Classic is the Default. What is the Trigger for changing the default system?

Hi,

The check / tick boxes are there to allow you to select / change the default system. The available check boxes are adjacent to the two systems that are not currently the default.

https://www.pvoutput.org/help/general_features.html#default-system

The Default system is the system whose stats are initially displayed when you connect to PVO using your userID. I discovered this the hard when PVO kept displaying a Secondary system ( the Default ) rather than the Primary system. In your case I imagine that you would want the ‘Combined’ system to be the default.

Select the system that you wish to be the ‘Default’ and then press the ‘Save’ button which will appear lower down on the screen - below the Registered Systems dialogue.

1 Like

Thx. That got the default.

Any ideas why I can’t get the 2 systems to aggregate to the parent?

The children systems are correctly pointing to the parent.

However, neither are reporting live 5-minute data. Aggregation works at the “live” level not daily summary.

e.g. New Classic 2022 2.610kW

Alternatively, you can add both these systems into a team to see their combined daily data.

1 Like

Click on the “3 Systems” link below the graph and it will show links to all other systems in the same account.

1 Like