5kw inverter with 6.4kw panels

I have a Zeversolar 5kw inverter with 6.4kw of panels. Do any of the 5kw inverters generate more than 5kw if overloading the inverter or are they all capped at 5kw?
Mine only ever seems to get to 4.8 - 4.9kw

Inverters are a current limited device. I’m not familiar with Zeversolar, but in general, inverters do not exceed their kVA rating which is usually the same number as their kW rating. Your output will be clipped by the inverter if the input exceeds 5 kW + inverter losses. It’s very common to have a DC/AC ratio between 1.2 and 1.4. Yours is 1.28.

My other system a fronius 10kw inverter with 10.3kw can hit 10.110kw must be better design

Not necessarily a better design. It’s still a current limited device but that limit is going to vary from unit to unit due to manufacturing tolerances. Also, it’s not uncommon for a manufacturer to rate a device somewhat lower than it’s actual capabilities so as not to have customers complain that they’re aren’t getting what their paying for.

B-Man
I have 6650W of panels on 5kW inverter. It levels out at between 5010W and 5070W, which seems reasonable to me.
I noticed that if I listed the 19 panels @ their 350W each, it made the efficiency look bad, so I did a quick division of 5000W with 19 panels to get 265W per panel to enter in the ‘System’ page. Gotta have a close look to see if it made much of a difference.