5 min energy from Solaredge

At the moment , when you use Energy from the Solaredge inverter itself, it’s reported each 15 mins on first sight.
But if you look closely at the data below coming from the API you see that ( in this example) the 14:00 time is used as an accumulator for 5 min data . This means that:

• the data from 14:00 is actually the Energy between 14:00 and 14:15
  • you could have Energy data displayed in 5 min intervals

interesting maybe to use this in the future to display 5 min data ?

Capture1

Capture2

Capture3

Capture4

How is your SolarEdge connected? I was wondering the same thing. The cell connection updates every 4 hours and the Ethernet is every 15 minutes so how does PV get updates every 5 minutes?

It’s connected via LAN. How often the inverter sends data i don’t know, but 5 min data is available on the api at the portal.

You should be able to get 5-minute energy/power from the inverter with the following -

PVOutput uses the above with the Auto Uploader.

Yes, but that’s rounded to 0.1 kWH , which may be too much for some small PV sites ?
Also, the power from that API is instantaneous/sampled, so if you want to calculate the real average power over 5 minutes from that Energy value, it will have very little resolution. The Energy calculated from this sampled value , which PVOutput currently does i believe, is also dependent on statistical distribution of peaks etc.
Personally, i’m much more interested in the power over 5 Mins, then the sampled power once every 5 mins.
This would be possible with the /site/{siteId}/ energy API

On their newer inverters you can get the instant values from each optimizer via LAN as often as you can query it. I guess you’d have to write a small script or program to then arrange it as a csv to upload to PVOutput? Doesn’t help the older inverter models but it’s neat for the new ones.

Funny, just finished a little C++ program reading this using modbus TCP :slight_smile:
But the “idea” is for PVOutput, for people that don’t have that possibility or an always online server.

Yeah their webapi gives inverter level detail but not optimizer level. It’s nice enough at least that the HD inverter’s have a local web portal that provides optimizer level data if you call the API directly. No more need to setup mod bus or divert the normal web traffic to decode it.