Use 'Number of Outputs' in PV Ladder averages

Currently in the PV Ladder, the ‘Outputs’ column is not actually the number of outputs, but seems to be the number of days since the system was first registered in PVO. In my case, I registered several months prior to the panels being installed, and used PVO to chart consumption only, and I suspect this isn’t unusual - so my ‘number of outputs’ is much lower than number of days registered.
Today, it is showing me (https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=64310&sid=57175) as ‘OUtputs 124 days’ even though the list of outputs has only 81 outputs in it ( I deleted the earlier non-solar outputs).
This in turn skews the ‘Efficiency’ and ‘Average’ figures too low, since a lot of days with no outputs are being included in the average.

In the ‘PV Ladder’, could the ‘Outputs’ column count the actual number of outputs as displayed in the ‘Daily view’, so that if someone deletes a stack of outputs due to being unrepresentative, the number of outputs will reduce, and so the ‘Efficiency’ and ‘Average’ figures will automatically adjust to be more reflective of the remaining samples?

1 Like

The number of days on the ladder should match the system number of outputs. The problem is the ladder output data isn’t recalculated when outputs are deleted.

A manual recalculation can be forced on the next ladder update by clicking on the Recalculate button on the system editor.

The recalculation flag will now be done automatically when outputs are deleted.

1 Like

Apologies, completely missed the button. Thanks for automating it so quickly! All sorted.

i have the same issue. i have been running consumption for 2 years before solar is there any way of keeping the consumption and having the figures correct?

@B-Man - if it helps, what I did was create a second system to hold the ‘history’, downloaded all the legacy consumption-only datapoints from the main system, uploaded them into the history system, and then deleted the old consumption-only datapoints from the main system so that it only contained data from the day the solar turned on.
That keeps the consumption-only history available to compare with future times, while making the generation stats and averages correct in the main system.