Fronius Push

I have the same problem and they told me it will be fixed in the next firmware update of my Fronius Inverter ( Fronius Symo 8.2-3-M )

The problem i’m having is that during the day the power and average drops to 0 Watt

See https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=59291&sid=52772&dt=20170817

When i logon the the inverter self by it’s local IP adress i also see wrong values.

By example 17-08-2017 generated 6.780Watt and when i’m looking in Solarweb it’s 10.91

I hope it will be solved in the next firmware update, but i’m having this problem since 08-07-2017 (New installed system).

Do you guy’s have some advice for me ?

I have a brand new Fronius Primo install, donation active, and adding “&auto=1” gives me no data at all.

Can be seen between 10:30AM and 2:30PM: https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=59952&sid=53351&dt=20171007

After that I started messing with a few other options to see if I could get anything working. Any ideas?

Yesterday the power used was completely wrong and appeared to just be following power generated. Solar web reports it all correctly as other people have said.

Please wait at least 24hrs with the auto=1 option as it uses start of day import/export totals

thanks bankstownbloke, will try that. Do i need anything other than auto=1? I’ve seen some people using v3=None or delay=15 etc.

Hmm so it has mostly been working well except for a huge amount of 0 readings betweeen 11:30am and 3pm: https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=59952&sid=53351&dt=20171008

Solarweb for comparison:

any ideas what happened there?

The energy is peaking at noon which means you probably have the Fronius firmware bug.

Aha, thanks! will try that out tomorrow.

So after that change, yesterday and today:

https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=59952&sid=53351&dt=20171010
https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=59952&sid=53351&dt=20171011

It does look like there’s still some issue here… the midday energy is still all over the place with a bunch of 0W entries. I do have &nodayenergy=1 on the inverter push.

0W will be registered when -

Generation + Imported - Export

Results in a negative value. Imported / Export is from the meter push and generation from the inverter push.

All these value use Fronius timestamps so there is possibly a timing issue between the inverter and meter. You can try changing the push frequency e.g. 5 minutes to 1 minute.

I am using 1 minute already. Some whirlpoolers seem to use &delay=15, is that worth trying? and what about the v3=None that I’ve seen mentioned, is that required?

I also just noticed my inverter stopped reporting at 6:55pm… it’s never done that before (and is definitely still on). hmmm.

Increasing the delay may help, but if the import/export value don’t align with inverter generation then the result will still be 0W. Delay should be added to the meter push, there is already a built-in delay when using auto=1

The v3=None (consumption energy) setting isn’t applicable when using auto=1

OK, today’s output matches fronius data exactly, which is awesome!

however, it still stopped reporting when solar stopped generating… which shouldn’t happen because I have the smart meter and i’m still consuming. last night the same thing happened, and it didn’t kick back in until about 10pm: https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=59952&sid=53351&dt=20171011

any ideas on this front?

Seems like a bug when using nodayenergy=1 with auto=1 which has been fixed now.

Thanks for reporting this.

awesome, appreciate your response and help bankstownbloke :slight_smile:

Could you give links to these please? Thanks.

new user - system 1 week old only, have read this thread and numerous on WP, confused!!
have been getting erroneus readings from day one …
some caused by my having the latest problematic fronius firmware (hopefully
fixed using above recomdnations for nodayenergy)
below is the updated settings i just added… tomorrow will be intersting if issues fixed.
would appreciate your help/confirmation on settings required on fronius push service and also pvoutput - to correctly display my house (“sum of both inverters”)
my house has two fronius inverters and two fronius smartmeters - both at feed in point (yes! two smartemeter at same feed in point … some limitation of the
hybrid symo inverter that requires it to have its own … dont ask!)

my latest config for push settings and pvout

fronius symo Hybrid 5kW inverter
fronius inverter push settings
sid = xxxx5
interval 1min
&v3=none
(no push service for meter data from this smartmeter)

fronius symo 10kW inverter
fronius inverter push settings
sid = xxxx4
interval 1min
&v3=none
&nodayenergy=1

fronius 10kW smartmeter push settings
sid =xxxx0
interval 1min
&auto=1

in pvoutput i have three different SID (donation mode enabled)
SID = xxxx0 (the house)
status interval = 5min
net delay = none
net calculations = enabled
net method = average
parent sustem = none
aggregation mode = solar

SID xxxx5 (5kW inverter)
status interval = 5min
net delay = none
net calculations = disabled
net method = average
parent system = the house sid xxxx0

SID = xxxx4
ststus interval = 5min
net delay = none
net calculations = disabled
net method = average
parent system = the house SID xxx0

thanks in anticipation of your help/validation

The setup should be something like -

• Setup 3 systems (5kW, 10kW and 15kW)
  • Generation push to 5kW system, child of 15kW
  • Generation push to 10kW system, child of 15kW
  • Meter push to 15kW with (auto=1 and delay=15)

This won’t work and it is not possible to combine smart meter data, only one smart meter push should be used and this should represent total house consumption

thanks for response,
smartmeter issue resolved - physically removed one of them.
have them setup per your above

can you pls confirm if the other settings
are correct for the parent system per below

parent system
net calculations = enabled
net method = average
aggregation mode = solar

This looks good, if Net Method average gives 0W consumption results, try using Instantaneous instead.

thanks for confirmation,
worked very well for 24/10, didnt miss any data,
but 25/10 had two large periods of no readings (generation or consumption) - had not made
any changes from prev day,
inverter reported flawlessly to solarweb all day … and is showing correct solar yield (generation) locally.
only conclusion is that for two extended periods on 25/10 , the pvout server had issues?
cant explain 4+ hrs of no data (no generation, no consumption, no voltage or meter data …)