Powerwall - Extended Parameters

Just to confirm - all looking very good today BB - thanks again…

No problems, thanks for the update.

Anyone here have any idea how to display the Battery SoC extended parameter? I can’t seem to make it appear.

I’m using the Powershell script above to successfully upload battery SoC% as v9 data - I can see the raw data is available on PVOutput (it’s included in the live data CSV download), but the displayed graph always says 0.

https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=6483&sid=54376 is my system.

I have v9 listed as Battery, Unit %, Summary Last, Axis 0

It doesn’t look like zero, the last value I see is .675% - which I’m assuming is a decimal placement issue - probably should be showing 67.5%

Yes, I eventually found it had “Divide by 1000” set under the cog.

Divide by 10 works better, but the scale doesn’t really suit, as it is calibrated in KW, with no way I can see to change to %, so it will approach 10KW for 100%. In a perfect world, you could set the parameter for the capacity - 13.5KWHr - and that would be the 100% value it would approach, instead of 10KW.

BB said that the next version 1.5.2(?) was going to have the SOE as a parameter - he didn’t mention how he was going to represent it on the graph though.

It would just be another extended parameter - the usual formatting options would be available.

1 Like

State of charge data is now supported as an extended parameter.

https://bitbucket.org/pvoutput/pvoutput-integration-service/downloads/org.pvoutput.integration.v1.5.2.zip

Upgrade instructions -

Add to powerwall.ini

soc-url=http://<gateway_ip>/api/system_status/soe
soc-parameter=v12
2 Likes

Looks like axis 1 with % as the unit seems to be the best result so far - still waiting for a full day to see the change to the graphs.

spludge - when I set it up I used “%” as the unit and it show as percentage with the new parameter - you should try again. Search (or Find/Compare) for Bywong - Testing to see the results

BB - question for you. When I choose the extended parameters graph, the scaling is great but when I let it refresh automatically the scale changes (e.g. wait for the next 5 minute interval to show on the graph). Is there a way to force it not to change? Thanks in advance.

Looking good. I’ve written up a for-dummies guide on configuring it here:

https://mikesgear.com/2017/12/07/monitoring-teslas-powerwall2-on-pvoutput-org/

Now, if only the Android app could display the Extended Data…

2 Likes

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought you had to donate to be able to use extended parameters. Your text explanation states that it is optional - a nice to do (although it is nice :slight_smile: I don’t think it is optional).

1 Like

Wasn’t aware, as have always donated - updated.

This was such a huge help for me thanks so much to all contributors, PW installed today, not 100% sure its working as it should but now I have proper data to show me whats happening

Edit
Very happy with the final setup

v7 import, summary change, axis 2
v8 export, summary change, axis 2
v9 SoC, axis 1
v10 Grid, axis 0
v11 Powerwall, axis 0
v12 Solar, axis 0
Standard Parameter Power Consumption

As the import / export value is cumulative its just becomes a flat line on the live graph as I cant work out how to subtract the 12:00 reading but on the daily, weekly etc view its a change value so I get a total of actual import and export and can calculate my actual costs (im not on off peak), be nice to be able to have an auto running total including connection fee but this is brilliant

Those with a PW2 (or even a PW1) should join the Tesla Owners and Friends team (just a suggestion). https://pvoutput.org/ladder.jsp?tid=784

1 Like

Please feel free to post any additional enhancements request to Extended Parameters with PW.

Hi BB, I think you have it all covered off from a PW2 data perspective, I think I mentioned previously that it would be great to have the data from the extended parameters displayed in the 5 minute intervals below the graph. Ideally I’d like the data shown to be configurable (never really paid attention to or used “Normalised” for instance, I’d like to remove it from the list and add % of PW2 remaining. Just some thoughts, thanks again for all of your help and offer such a great service. Happy New Year.

Hi BB, with regards to the scaling issue. I found when I set a min/max for the battery (0-100) and the same for solar generated (0-10000) it fixed the scaling issue.

Hi Bankstownbloke,

Firstly thanks for the great platform, powerwall data is working really well with the integration service.

The ultimate goal for me is to have a real value of cost at any given time, that can be summed over weekly, monthly etc period of time, essentially to reflect my bill. Currently import / export does not consider that the battery is a factor in this so charging the battery is considered export and discharging the battery is import. A few things I have done so far

1. I upload the powerwall lifetime import (site.energy_imported) and export (site.energy_exported) to v7 and v8, on the live graph these are irrelevant as they are an ever increasing number however on the summary I use difference to give me the correct daily total but cant do much more with it
  2. I have entered credit and debit tariffs for the “grid” (site.instant_power) extra data field and this does give me a daily cost however not including the daily connection fee and I cant seem to sum this cost in weekly, monthly views as it does not appear?

What I am considering however it to change “power consumption” to be the “home” - “powerwall” ( load.instant_power -battery.instant_power). Same effect I guess as it would be to set net flag to 1 and upload the real import and export values but as they are lifetime I’d have to do something to convert to a daily value.

This to my understanding would then give the inbuilt import / export values to be correct and any tariff calculations to also be correct. In a way I guess this is actually a valid indicator of the load shifting of consumption. Probably the only downside is app PVOutputpro etc will show only the load shifted consumption. I can however still put the house consumption into its owen extra data field.

I guess what I’m asking is it possible to have another Import / Export model that has consideration of the battery’s contribution?

Just figured I get your thoughts before I start to modify my data.

Thanks