How to stop Powerwall2 battery usage showing as import

Hi folks, very long time user here that switched from just a solar array and a Flukso meter to a Tesla Powerwall2 and using GitHub - ekul135/Powerwall2PVOutput: Send Tesla Powerwall data to PVOutput for my power monitoring.

Alright, I need some no-rubbish, no-topic-deviation help on how to stop having my battery usage show as energy import. I have read some other forum posts on this which don’t work. Specifically, the extended data from the python code sets the extended parameters and I can’t change that. They are different extended parameter configurations to other tools.

Here is what I have set currently but it’s not impacting my energy import data:

I am wiling to change from the python method to the Docker container (Docker Hub) but please make sure you know if that will work before just suggesting I use it.

It does seem that Pvoutput doesn’t “natively” support/consider battery storage though and right now it’s all a bit of a hack?

You are correct, PVO doesn’t natively support/consider battery storage in working out actual grid import/export.
You can’t change having your battery usage shown as energy import in energy kWh terms.

You can, however, have it accounted for in calculations of cost, by effectively assigning the reverse of your grid tarriff to the battery flow, and the system will account for that in calculating the daily + or - of $.

Against V7 in your snippet above, set the ‘Credit/Debit’ field to CREDIT. This will cause a positive battery flow (which generally means energy flowing in from the battery to the home) to be added as a CREDIT to your bill calculation.

Then in your Tariff tables, find the ‘Credit Rates’ where you normally set your FIT, and you’ll find a field for the value to assign to V7 flows - if you set that to your grid charge (and theres only one field, so if you are on a varying TOU tarif you’ll need to work out some sort of average).
PVOBatteryCredit

then when the battery is supplying the home, the $calculator will subtract the calculated grid import value, but then add-back the V7 battery tariff to offset the cost.
If you’ve set the V7 credit value the same as your grid tariff, they’ll net out to zero.

1 Like

Thanks for that info. Has there been any recent discussion regarding updating PVOutput to support battery system data natively?

1 Like

No that I’m aware of.