Sure! I am logging packets sent starting tomorrow. This may giver us some clue.
Regarding errors from weather service, I too had a lot of issues, most of than are “API call timeouted” but I do have couple of “HTTP 500” errors (server side error). At least one fail each day but sometime three or four errors. I strongly believe this is internet issues somewhere between my RPi and OWM server or even OWM server busy and not responding in time. “API call timeout” are clear a server responding in no time while HTTP was connected, hence, server side issue or connection issue somewhere in the Internet. HTTP 500 generally means server too busy to answer HTTP request or some internal issue preventing it from providing response (like a background service not responding - a database, a worker process, whatever); again, server side issue for sure. The error you got (“NewConnectionError” or “Temporary failure in name resolution”) is an issue with connection and/or DNS servers, I did experience this once in the past but it is not common on my logs. Something is preventing HTTP connection to the server, in this specific case, the DNS server did not answer well… We don´t know the DNS error, urllib3 did not provide enough logs to clarify it; it could be our internet provider DNS failing to answer (I don´t use internet provider DNS server, I use Google/OpenDNS as my primary and secondary DNS service - they could fail too but less likely as my small provider´s server). It also could be the OWM DNS provider failing (I did not check who is resolving for them) but I guess they might have DNS hosted by a major provider. Anyway, this is more or less out of our control (besides change our DNS servers there is not much we can do).