Fronius Push

You’ll need to wait till the next day for the auto=1 to take affect since it takes the start of day energy import/export data.

Enabling this in the middle of the day can have unexpected results for the rest of the day since there is already data there.

The n=1/auto=1 is in the Meter script only. Also have Instantaneous set for the Net Method.

I’ll give it a go then before bed and see what the new day brings.

Thanks!

[EDIT] OK, working fine now. Added auto=1 (at midnight to avoid influencing the previous day’s data) and consumption now showing OK on this attempt.

Checking my figures this morning on day three (I think) of auto=1 all look really good. the worst drift is no more than 300w

Very valuable data as we are moving to Tassie from West Qld this yr and allows me to do comparisons on generation.

Bottom line so far is I will need a 9Kw system to get similar cooler month results around what we get out west here. Bonus for summer months is considerable more generation on fine days but in view of more cloud as a rule is more of an average closer to our 5.4 Kw sys here.
Having said that, I will be installing a battery with the Tassie system also.

[quote=“Wilburight, post:119, topic:31”]
OK, working fine now. Added auto=1 (at midnight to avoid influencing the previous day’s data) and consumption now showing OK on this attempt.[/quote]
It worked fine until a possible Fronius server fault began disconnecting me from Solarweb at intervals over the last couple of days - especially yesterday. Being unsure it was the server’s fault (Push to PVO worked fine throughout, but red ‘Internet’ LED on), I did numerous resets of everything at my end - Datalogger, modem, browser, computer, inverter.

However, late yesterday it stayed connected, only now consumption wasn’t being pushed and no matter what I reset it failed to reappear. Since this showed the same symptoms as my first failed auto=1 attempt, I swapped back to n=1 and the consumption returned.

In the past n=1 was giving me fairly accurate results (+/- 100Wh) so I think I’ll leave it alone for now especially since there’s no Fronius Helpdesk to call re any issues at their end - just glad to get the connection stabilised.

I have recently installed a system and trying to get the push info working.

My current push settings are;
Inverter
/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=SID&key=MYKEY&v3=None&nodayenergy=1
Meter
/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=SID&key=MYKEY&v6=Voltage_AC_Phase_1&n=1

I have donated also, so that shouldnt be my issue and I also have the smartmeter installed

I am not getting any informtion on Energy Generated or Power Generated
https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=65027&sid=57794

The settings are fine, but there does not appear to be anything sent to PVOutput for the inverter.

You can try sending to https://hookbin.com instead of PVOutput to troubleshoot the problem.

I have two inverters… have been monitoring total consumption and generation with upload from a Smappee. All working well.

one of the inverters is a Fronius Primo and I’ve set up a new PVOutput system to monitor its performance. Fairly sure I have the push settings right… I’m a donator and have auto=1. The generation looks fine… and the interval consumption figures are mostly what I’d expect. The 24 hour total consumption also looks right or very close to right.

But I get a zero consumption figure at 0005 - just after midnight every night. And also get zero consumption (or much lower than what I know is baseline consumption) a number of times through the day (during solar production hours).

I’m a bit lost with all of the settings… despite having had a read through the help section a few times. Grateful for any advice.

Updating my post above… have just noticed a zero power usage reading early this am… well before any solar production. And the usual zero reading at 0005 am

Currently 00:05 will be 0W since it is the first reading of the day, the calculation uses the previous reading to determine the difference. This may need to be enhanced to pickup the last last reading of the previous day.

A 0W reading during the day is the result of export calculated from Fronius to be higher than the inverter push reading at the same time/reading. It is not possible for export to be greater than generation so consumption is calculated as 0W.

Everybody using the Fronius push service has this bug but most haven’t noticed it. I wrote about this and another bug a year ago in my post Cumulative flag and daily energy totals. I use my own pusher to work around these issues.

BB, when you say “This may need to be enhanced” are you suggesting you will fix this?

We’ll fix it for Fronius Push first.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Now I vaguely recall reading about the zero reading at 5 past midnight bug - easy to live with.

I suppose the zero readings during the day aren’t a huge issue, given that the end of the day consumption and generation figures look about right. It’s probably only an issue for the more obsessional among us :slight_smile: But I can’t help asking if there’s some way of getting around the issue. I did have a wild stab at a solution by setting a 5 minute delay in the PVOutput settings… but no luck.

Unfortunately the delay won’t help since the processing is using the Fronius timestamp from the inverter and meter push. The auto=1 setting actually has a built-in delay and also re-calculates consumption even if a net meter push is received before an inverter push.

I don’t quite have my head around the logistics of all of this. But it sounds like I’ll just have to put up with it for now. it’s no big issue, I’m very happy with my Smappee/all of panels outputs.

The bug is not specifically about “5 past midnight”. It occurs on the first push of the day which for “always on” inverters will be at 00:05 but for inverters which are self-powered it occurs sometime in the morning when they fire up and note in that case PVO loses the generation value as well. I agree it is typically only a small error but PVO “leaks” this amount every day forever, So after a month you have lost 30 times that amount from your cumulative totals, etc.

Now I’m confused - I though this ‘zero reading on the first push’ thing was an issue for meters, not inverters. Or is it an issue for inverters that are paired with a Fronius meter?.
I have just a Fronius inverter, no Fronius meter, and the inverter doesn’t have the ‘nodayenergy’ problem so my energy value is coming straight from the DAY_ENERGY value from the inverter.

@willsave, is your inverter reporting over 24 hours? If so then you won’t have any issue because you will never have any generation at midnight to report. If not, then is the first generation energy value reported each day (e.g. around 7am) always zero? Perhaps post a link to your system on PVO.

It is set to sleep overnight, so the first reading is around 7am, and yes it is always 0. But then this morning the first 2 readings were 0 power (and naturally therefore energy), and going back a few days to the 8th the first 5 readings are zero (it was a particularly dismal morning)
See https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=64310&sid=57175&dt=20180608

I don’t know how much power the inverter itself requires to wake up and operate, but the initial few zeros are the actual energy values reported in the DAY_ENERGY field.

The push service field I’m using in the Fronius inverter is as simple as it gets - /service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=AAAAA&key=BBBB with no extra modifiers at all.

But again - this thread (I thought) was all about pushing from a meter, not a inverter - and working around issues with registers that permanently increase and don’t reset to zero inside the inverter each day, which DAY_ENERGY (now that bug is fixed) doesn’t have.

FWIW, this is the JSON extracted from the inverter in the first reading at 6:55am this morning. The data direct from the inverter shows PAC (Power) = 0, DAY_ENERGY = 0, so the zeros uploaded into PVO are real, not bugs:
{
“Body” : {
“DAY_ENERGY” : {
“Unit” : “Wh”,
“Values” : {
“1” : 0
}
},
“PAC” : {
“Unit” : “W”,
“1” : 0
}
},
“TOTAL_ENERGY” : {
“1” : 404923
}
},
“YEAR_ENERGY” : {
“1” : 404923
}
}
},
“Head” : {
“RequestArguments” : {
“Query” : “Inverter”,
“Scope” : “System”
},
“Status” : {
“Code” : 0,
“Reason” : “”,
“UserMessage” : “”
},
“Timestamp” : “2018-06-13T06:55:01+10:00”
}
}

To be honest I don’t use Fronius push. My pusher sends lifetime energy counts where I know for sure that PVO has this bug. The bug being that PVO uses the first push of the day to bias the day’s counts whereas it should use the counts from the last push of the previous day. So both generation and consumption leak away one 5 min period every day.

If you think about it, your inverter has generated power to boot itself and then send a PVO push at the next 5 min boundary so I think it should definitely be sending a finite generation energy count at that time although I agree with you that from the raw DAY_ENERGY it seems to be 0 from the inverter.