Tesla Powerwall2 data to PVoutput?

Hi, the gateway can provide a lot more information I’m assuming because the tesla app shows; home usage, solar generated, from grid, to grid, from PW, and to PW. Can these be included in what is sent to pvoutput.org and is there plans to include?

Yes - the next version of the integration service will allow fields in the gateway message data to be sent up as an extended parameter (v7-v12)

Excellent mate - thanks.

1 Like

Sorry but I am a total novice at the External Data stuff and am trying to get specific data from my Powerwall 2 to plot in a graph, Is thre a tutorial on how to configure External Data - With the Powerall option I only get values V7-V12 listed as possibles but these only have NaN values in the log.

• my Log file looks like this
    DATE;TIME;TEMPERATURE;VOLTAGE;POWER;ENERGY;TOTAL;V7;V8;V9;V10;V11;V12
    20171002;20:34:35;-1000.0;244.3;712;0.000;-1.000;NaN;NaN;NaN;NaN;NaN;NaN
    I also wanted to access specific values from the JSON request these are
    “battery” : {
    “energy_exported” : 351310,
    “energy_imported” : 423240,

Is this possible with current version?
Thanks

Not as far as I know, consumption data only.

2 Likes

Extended Parameters are now supported in v1.5.1

1 Like

Great - I’ll have a play later tonight - thanks.

OK - I have to admit I’m confused. I’ve got the home usage in both the 5 minute interval and the area usage of the sum of the days usage. But I have no idea on why I’m not seeing other data that I’m sending up and also don’t know what data I should be sending up to get the same info from the Tesla app. As mentioned in a previous post (solar generated, from grid, to grid, from PW, and to PW) this is the info I’d like to get - what options do I pick to get that information sent but more importantly how do I get it to show in the live graph (obviously I’m being stupid and don’t understand how it works). Please help.

Click on the Purple square below the graph.

1 Like

See, I told you I was stupid. :wink:

At least now I should be able to work out which params to use to get the same information as the tesla app. Thanks again- cheers.

This may be a little off topic, but I do believe there is something wrong with the units used in the graph. The graph shows a peak solar exported of 1.25 GW (thats 1.25x10^6 watts). I’ve designed some of the largest Utility Scale PV in California, and that’s about 10 times the size of the largest I’ve worked on which used over 800,000 PV Modules. :smile:

Never mind - it does change it was a browser refresh problem. Timestamp seems to update at least every second depending on the polling time. My extended data has been turned off = I’m assuming that there will be a new release soon to fix the data value issue - can I ask that there is in the latest version that the default parameters in the config file reflect what is used for the tesla app. Looking at the data from the Tesla web page with JSON makes it clearer and I’ll happily work it out.

Question though - has there been any plans on expanding the number of values in the extended data. I’d like to get line and area data for some of the data values.

No plans to add more extended parameters in the short to medium term.

Thanks for adding those extended values - the graphs are working great now.

I found where to divide the output numbers to make them look right - is there some way to deduct an “initial starting value”, as the value you get when hovering over the graph appears to be the running total since switch-on, and I’d prefer to see the daily cumulative value.

It’s this system: https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=6483&sid=54376

This would need to be done in a rule - but this feature is not supported yet for Powerwall

Not to nitpick, but when the PW2 gets full and solar generation switches to being exported, the export value in “site.instant_apparent_power” gets summed to the consumption, making it look like the home has a huge power draw - is that something I have to configure to fix, or a limitation of the current system?

See https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=6483&sid=54376 from 12.20 onwards on 11/11/17.

I since remove the “site.instant_apparent_power” parameter from the extended values in the graph, and substituted the v4 “power consumption” value.

The service will read the exact value provided by the Powerwall gateway - unless there is a rule you can apply to fix this, it would need to be updated on the Powerwall end.

Hi, just wonder if there is any plan to add the Powerwall’s State of Charge into the Extended Data? SoC can be found at:

http://local_gateway_ip/api/system_status/soe

Thanks.

Yes, discussed in this thread… Powerwall - Extended Parameters