Sun path data in PV output

Is it possible to include sunpath data in the graphs
of PVoutput and how do you do it.

Click on Insolation link below the live graph. This is shown as the blue line.

PVOutput Insolation Figures

I have two systems registered on PVOutput (Wiringa 1 and Wiringa 2), which form my Solar Power setup.

Each day, when I access the “Your Outputs”, “Live” and “Insolation” tabs , there is provided an expected output for that day based on ”Energy production under ideal conditions with 0.35% panel coefficient” (my SunPower E20 panels have that coefficient). As my two systems are slightly different in size (6.54kW and 5.89kW), I have two insolation calculations provided each day.

I do not seem to be able to find the algorithms or other means of identifying how the expected ideal energy production is calculated by PVOutput. Obviously, the calculations are affected by the parameters entered in each “System Setup”. I assume that there is a fundamental table of the base expected energy production for, say, Melbourne (BoM?), which is then modified by the specific details of each of my systems e.g. Azimuth, Tilt, Panels .

Does anyone know if it is possible to locate the data etc. used to generate the daily insolation calculations (which at present, for my calculations, are declining by about 0.13kWh daily, as we head toward the Southern Winter Solstice)?

My Solar Power setup is merely 6 weeks old, so it would be most useful to be able to calculate the expected ideal energy production for the next 10.5 months, to give me a realistic idea of what my setup might produce over that time. Thus far, the various so-called calculators I have used seem to be all over the place. For example, even the much used PVWatts calculations for my two systems indicate that my ideal average daily generation for May should be 11.35kWh + 10.19kWh = 21.54kWh. (I note that the nearest meteorological station that PVWatts uses is Moorabbin Airport, some 20km away from my location). Based on the PVOutput insolation figures thus far in May, plus my predictions for the rest of the month (which I have seen to be accurate to two decimal places thus far), my systems’ predicted ideal average daily outputs should be 26.26kWh (varying from 31.28 on 01 May to 22.27 on 31 May), a difference of +22% from that of PVWatts.

Of course, we are talking about ideal production, and every day is different from all the others, so that what actually happens is altogether a different matter. However, in trying to get an understanding of what are realistic expectations for one’s solar power setup, it seems to me that getting as accurate an idea of the ideal is an important place to start (just as we do with the panels’ rating at STC). Then comes the sorcery …

Does anyone else have any interest or ideas on this?

Thanks

Insolation results will vary based on day of the year (sun rise/set), tilt, azimuth and location of the system - there is no fixed data set.

The Get Insolation API allows a date input to retrieve the system’s insolation on the given day - https://pvoutput.org/help.html#api-getinsolation

Thanks bankstownbloke. I will check out the API.